Appalachian Opportunity Fund is raising money for Giving Tuesday to support our mission to establish a comprehensive Financial Empowerment Center in the Northeast Tennessee Appalachian Highlands. Our vision is that every individual and family in our region who needs it has access to free, one-on-one, confidential financial coaching with certified experts who can help manage expenses, debts, credit, savings and big financial decisions.
Together with our supporters, we can build community wealth by nurturing healthy household finances throughout our region.
Appalachian Opportunity Fund has had a huge year in 2023:
- Had our biggest quarter yet, serving more than 116 clients in Q3 who collectively increased credit scores by 882 points, paid off $13,058 in predatory debt, paid off nearly $6,000 in old debt, and saved nearly $5,000
- Held a successful fundraiser to raise $20,000 to support coaching for community members who are unsponsored by one of our funding partners
- Won the 2023 United Way Social Innovation Award, and STRONG ACC Resiliency Award
- Initiated Financial Coaching services with the STRONG ACC STRONG Families program
- Implemented a new comprehensive CRM Software to improve organizational scalability and client experience
- Hired a new Executive Director and a third Financial Coach
- Onboarded two new Board Members
In 2024, we are continuing the momentum. Funded by the Washington County Community Foundation, part of the East Tennessee Foundation, Appalachian Opportunity Fund is launching our newest program: “Building an Appalachian Financial Empowerment Center“. Through this program, we will build new partnerships within Washington County to pilot a scalable structure for a Financial Empowerment Center in the region.
Our vision isn’t be possible without the full support of our community. This Giving Tuesday, consider sending a donation to Appalachian Opportunity Fund support our mission, growth and development.